– The NY Times has a blog by composers.
– my friend Peter Hoyt has a piece on Stravinsky at the Mostly Mozart website. I think the Stravinsky/Picasso angle is especially interesting.
– Something silly for the holiday.
– Congratulations to my friend Peter Hoyt on the NY Times coverage of his research on Mozart’s debts.
– violist Vincent Royer plays John Cage, Gyorgy Ligeti, Tristan Murail, Horatiu Radulescu, and Giacinto Scelsi at Slought Foundation in Philly on December 10.
– New Yorker literary critic James Wood writes about Who drummer Keith Moon. A keyword search of the mind of a prominent literary critic using the search terms “edgy drummer 1960’s” yields the result “keith moon” rather than, for example, “elvin jones”. What does this say about the place of music in the culture at large?